Phenol Red Dye
Abbey Color is a leading manufacturer of phenol red dye. Phenol red is aÂ water-soluble dye used as a pH indicator, changing from yellow to red over pH 6.6 to 8.0, and then turning a bright pink color above pH 8.1. As such, phenol red can be used as a pH indicator dye in various medical and cell biology tests.
Uses for Phenol Red
Phenol red has several uses, including:
- Most commonly, phenol red is an indicator dye, used as an acid pH indicator with a transition point of 7.5 (acid side to yellow / alkaline side to red)
- Biologists use phenol red in cell cultures as a pH indicator
- Phenol red has been used in the PSP test for kidney functions
- Most recently, medical researchers have discovered that phenol red can serve as an estrogen mimic and is used in the process of in vitro fertilization
- Phenol red is a dye used in automotive coolants
Phenol Red from Abbey Color – Benefits
As a leading phenol red manufacturer, Abbey Color offers the following benefits:
- Guarantee consistent quality material
- Supply single lot quantities of up to 200 pounds
- Phenol red is in stock and can ship immediately, with overnight shipping available upon request
- Competitive pricing
What is Phenol Red?
Phenol red is a red, water-soluble dye, C19H14O5S, used as an acid-base indicator and in medicine to test kidney function and renal blood flow.
(Source:Â The Free Dictionary – Phenol Red).
A bright to dark red, water-soluble crystalline dye used as an acid-base indicator and to test kidney function and renal blood flow. Also called phenolsulfonphthalein.”
(Source:Â The Free Medical Dictionary – Phenol Red).
Phenol red exists as a red crystal that is stable in air. Its solubility is 0.77 grams per liter (g/L) in water and 2.9 g/L in ethanol. It is a weak acid with pKa = 8.00 at 20Â°C.
(Source:Â Wikipedia, Phenol Red, 2010).
Abbey Color – Your Phenol Red Dye Supplier
Click Here to Contact Abbey Color for further assistance with all your phenol red (PSP) amd pH indicator dye needs.