Orange G , Wool Orange
Abbey Color is one of the worldâ€™s leading suppliers of Orange G, also known as:
- Wool Orange
- Acid Orange #10
- CI 16230 or C.I. 16230
Abbey Color offers Orange G as certifiable as well as Biological Stain Commission (BSC) certified.
Orange G Applications
Orange G is used in many applications, including:
- Orange G is a pH indicator (yellow to pink with the transition at a pH = 13)
- In the biological stain community, it is the contrast/background stain for Hematoxylin, Safranin O, Crystal Violet, Methyl Green and Basic Fuchsin
- It is widely used to dye textiles, such as wool and silk
- It is used to dye paper, leather, wood stain, coloring inks and copying pencils
Orange G from Abbey Color – Benefits
As a leading supplier of Orange G, Abbey Color offers the following benefits:
- Guaranteed consistent quality material
- Supply single lot quantities of up to 1,000 pounds
- Orange G is in stock and can ship immediately, with overnight shipping available upon request
- Competitive pricing
What is Orange G?
Orange G is used:
- In the determination of Mallory’s stain for collagen in connective tissue
- As a stain for granules, elastic fibers, mast cells, and pollen tubes
- As a general histology and cytology counter-stain
Also, Orange G, Acid Orange 10, or C.I. 16230, “is a synthetic azo dye used in histology in many staining formulations. It usually comes as a disodium salt. It has the appearance of orange crystals or powder. When exposed to ultraviolet it shows a light blue fluorescence.” The main uses of Orange G are in the OG6 Papanicolaou stain, to stain keratin, and as a major component of the Alexander test for pollen staining. It is often combined with other yellow dyes and used to stain erythrocytes in the trichrome methods. “Orange G can be used as a color marker to monitor the process of agarose gel electrophoresis.” … Its CAS number is [1936-15-8].
(Source:Wikipedia, Orange G, 2007, 2010).
Abbey Color – Your Orange G Supplier
Click Here to Contact Abbey ColorÂ for further assistance with your Orange G needs.