Fluorescein, Fluorescein Dye, Fluorescein USP
Abbey Color is the world’s leader in the manufacture of Fluorescein USP and one of a few companies in the world that makes and supplies fluorescein. The manufacturing process follows the protocol of United States Pharmacopeia (USP) directives and subsequent testing.
Fluorescein USP is sold in lots of of 100 pounds and ships in 44 gallon double poly-lined fiber drums. It is a dark orange/red powder that turns fluorescent green/greenish-yellow when dissolved in an alkaline solution.
Abbey Color’s customers for fluorescein are companies that manufacture the application dosages in which fluorescein is a component. Typically these are medical/laboratory suppliers. Applications include:
- In ophthalmology and optometry, fluorescein is a component in various diagnostic tests, including corneal abrasions and trauma caused by gas permeable contact lenses. Abbey Color is the preferred supplier of fluorescein dye to the optical industry for use in diagnostics for corneal trauma.
- Fluorescein has also found use as a suitable replacement for luminol for blood detection and crime scene investigations. (Source: scafo.org)
- Note: Uranine is the water soluble form of fluorescein that is used in water tracing applications. Fluorescein is turned into uranine via a chemical process.
Fluorescein from Abbey Color – Benefits
As the leading producer of Fluorescein USP, Abbey Color offers the following benefits:
- Guaranteed USP consistent quality material
- Supply of single lots of 100 pounds
- Designated lot manufactured specifically for you
What is Fluorescein?
Fluorescein is an oil soluble dye. An orange-red powdered compound, it is designated by the formula C20H12O5,that exhibits intense greenish-yellow fluorescence in alkaline solution and is used in medicine for diagnostic purposes, in ophthalmology to reveal corneal lesions, and as a textile dye. The water soluble form of fluorescein is used in oceanography as a tracer.
Note: fluorescein is sometimes misspelled as flourescein.
Abbey Color – Your Certified Fluorescein USP Manufacturer and Supplier
Click Here to Contact Abbey Color for further assistance for your Fluorescein USP needs.